Most frequent questions and answers
Drafted architectural plans are preferred but not essential.
If you do not have plans you will need to provide us with both:
- reference image of your joinery style; and
- a sketch containing configuration and draft dimensions in millimetres
this is usually enough information to draft an estimate.
Our first step in our quoting process is to use your provided measurements using our request form (above).
Once you have confirmed the job and paid the deposit:
- if we are installing the job: we have already allowed in our pricing for travel time to measure up accurately onsite.
- if we are not installing the job: we rely on accurate final measurements from your builder or carpenter. If your site is in the Byron Shire, we may be able to measure up onsite depending on the scale of the job and our workload.
There are limited bi-fold hardware products available in the Australian marketplace in which we are confident to endorse.
We are currently researching and prototyping a small sample of hardware brands for bi-fold steel door configurations.
Yes, we can. If you are budget-conscious, we recommend using steel joinery for the featured areas of your home and consider other options for the utilitarian areas.
Due to the incredibly high demand of this product, it is highly recommended you contact us as soon as you receive your architectural plans.
Lead times for manufacturing may take 2+ months from point of accepting the quote, however this may be negotiated upon and subject to product selections, scale, our workload and your own deadline.
Best practice is confirming your job by paying a deposit of 10% during the first stage of construction which will lock your job into our schedule.
Delivery is included our installation estimates.
If you do not require installation, we can offer an Australia-wide third-party freight company to transport goods or you can organise your own collection from our Mullumbimby workshop.
Our workshop is in Mullumbimby, near Byron Bay, Northern NSW.
Our staff can travel to install within a three-hour drive from our workshop. All delivery and installation by our staff may incur fees that relate to:
- vehicle expenses
- staff/contractor time charged on an hourly rate, and/or
- accommodation and meal expenses (subject to installation duration and distance from our workshop)
You can arrange your own experienced and qualified builder or carpenter to install on your behalf. A minimum of two people is required for installation.
We do not recommend a handyman or DIY installation.
- Bolts, screws and all accessories will come with your frames
- Ancillary supporting frames and packaging may be included where deemed appropriate
- Glazing is optional. Clients may have access to their own local glass shop. Please specify this upon quoting
- Installation tools
- Installation instructions are not included but we can give your experienced tradesman advice, if required
Customised steel doors and windows are to most tastes but not necessarily to all budgets.
We are here to have an open conversation about finding solutions for each clients’ requirements. Fitting into budget ranges is a critical part of the equation. We offer a range of product options and if we do not know how much has been allowed (or not allowed) in budgets, we will not know how to find the right solution.
All our products are currently tailored to suit individual requirements. Values can be aligned with bespoke quality timber joinery.
We aim to release our catalogue price guide in 2021. Sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Please fill in the form above and we will follow up with an estimate price range based off your own requirements.