Apply now for a new career with our small and friendly team that dedicates itself to quality craftmanship
This new and evolving role has become available as we are the supplier of steel door joinery to the areas of Northern NSW and all of Queensland.
This role will primarily be reading from plans and manufacturing all aspects of steel framed doors and windows in our Mullumbimby workshop with occasionally manufacturing of other non-structural high-end quality metal products and installation work.
There are also opportunities to be mentored to further your skills in the future.
The successful applicant must immediately demonstrate accurate and neat work, along with being reliable, enthusiastic, autonomous, and organised. You will have to provide your own work clothing and safety boots (essential) and hand tools (preferred). Uniform shirts will be provided.
Remuneration package is dependent on the successful applicant’s skill level and commitment.
Casual evolving to permanent full-time.
Mullumbimby workshop and occasionally onsite between Gold Coast and Northern Rivers.
Lead Metal Fabricator/Director
- Primarily manufacturing steel framed doors and windows.
- Assisting with other high-end projects, such as: stairs/rails, furniture, accessories, brackets and blacksmithing projects.
- Delivery and installations.
- Other tasks as directed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Certificate III Metal Fabrication or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in metal fabrication and welding in a similar environment.
- Safely use light and heavy machinery.
- Suitable knowledge to work with steel (critical) and stainless steel (ideally but not essential).
- MIG and TIG welding, drilling and cutting.
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality craftsmanship.
- Read technical drawings and plans.
- Driven to learn and develop their professional skills.
- Hold a full driver’s licence with excellent driving record.
- Work autonomously and well organised.
- Always demonstrate professionalism in the workshop and onsite.
- Solid communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
Please note we only accept resumes via email or this form.