Throughout 2020 and into 2021 we have never seen such precedence with sales. The same sentiment echoes through the entire Building and Construction Industry as the Federal Government has provided incentives to many homeowners who are now spending on their home renovations in lieu of overseas holidays.
European countries that manufacture our hardware products continue to implement physical distancing measures and multiple lockdowns to protect their workers from infection of COVID-19. This means that most warehouses are understaffed and production output is much lower than expected.
Large Australian trades businesses continue to panic-buy stock which leaves a huge deficits for us smaller businesses.
Freight has further impacted supply:
- Suez Canal blockages
- Industrial action in Australian seaports
- Train line derailments between Sydney and Brisbane following floods in early 2021
Be a winner in 3 steps
- Enquire early – by being prepared and contacting us as soon as you have your designer’s plans at hand, we can then start discussions to ensure we can fit your project into our own schedules.
- Come with options – gather your preferred products and consider putting a contingency plan in place to allow for all products to be available without extended delays. Many are in stock but in some isolated cases, we have had to wait a few months for imported products to arrive in our workshop.
- Patience is a virtue – depending on the scope of each project, clients may have to wait for their projects to start.
We now consider this to be our “new normal” in the realms of bespoke manufacturing and design.
Update: April 2020
MullumJoinery Wood & Metal are a part of the Building and Construction Industry. The Federal and State Governments deem our industry as an essential service during the COVID-19 crisis. As a consequence, we are open for business as usual while safely practising social distancing measures.
Read the associated press release from Master Builders Australia here ↗️
Update: March 2020
Our management team are monitoring the situation closely and have decided to take the following steps which comply to public health advice while endeavouring to continue business as usual.
Health and Safety
Whist we usually welcome enquiries at our workshop, we request clients respect “social distancing” protocols and send all new enquiries via email.
If current clients have concerns regarding on-site visitations, please email or call us to discuss future arrangements.
We are increasing general hygiene levels with all staff whilst onsite and in our workshop. If staff become unwell we ask them to take immediate leave and seek medical advice.
Our business only supplies our clients the best quality products on the market. Over 97% of supplies are made in Australia or Europe. The remainder comes from China with many factories going into lock-down or limited production over past weeks which is now leading to significant delays in production and export.
In the short to medium term, we estimate that our normal supply chain will have minimal impact on our own production and deadlines as suppliers are also keeping a sense of normality. If supply starts to become an issue in the long-term and deadlines become difficult to meet, we may offer alternative quality products to suit individual requirements.
If you have any questions about our products or services, feel free to send our team an email at [email protected] or call 02 6684 2821.
The management team
Lisa, Thomas and Laurent
MullumJoinery Wood & Metal Pty Ltd