Most frequent questions and answers
Steel Joinery Design
Customised designs are the only style of steel door we make. We are a small business and focus on tailored solutions for individual needs.
You are introducing yourself because you adore the look of our steel doors and windows. You captured our interest with your thoughtful conversation starter in the form of architectural plans. This could be the start of a great relationship because our steel joinery is the perfect pairing of sexy and smart.
Specified architectural plans are preferred as they are already set out with information for our tailor-made products:
- top and side views
- layout and configurations
- door and window schedules specifying types of:
- hardware, locks, handles, and
- when required: BASIX and building code requirements
Don’t despair! If your job is too small to warrant using an architect or designer, it is attainable for you to have a bit of fun doing your homework to gather most of this same information. Additionally, send a reference image you found on the net – a picture paints a thousand words.
There are limited bi-fold hardware products available in the Australian marketplace in which we are confident to endorse.
We are currently researching and prototyping a small sample of hardware brands for bi-fold steel door configurations.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates as to when they become available.
Yes, we can.
If you are budget-conscious, we recommend using steel joinery for the featured areas of your home and consider other options for the utilitarian areas.
Steel Joinery delivery and installation
Our first step in our quoting process is to use your provided measurements using our request form (below).
Once you have confirmed the job and paid the deposit:
- if we are installing the job: we have already allowed in our pricing for travel time to measure up accurately onsite.
- if we are not installing the job: we rely on accurate final measurements from your builder or carpenter. If your site is in the Byron Shire, we may be able to measure up onsite depending on the scale of the job and our workload.
Due to the incredibly high demand of this product, it is highly recommended you contact us as soon as you receive your architectural plans.
We do not mass produce nor pre-fabricate our joinery. We manufacture everything from scratch so lead times may take 2+ months from point of accepting the quote, however this may be negotiated upon and subject to product selections, scale, our workload and your own deadline.
Best practice is confirming your job by paying a deposit during the first stage of construction which will lock in your job.
Read more: our COVID business update
If you do not require installation, we can offer an Australia-wide third-party freight company to transport goods or you can organise your own collection from our Mullumbimby workshop.
Delivery is included our installation estimates.
Our workshop is in Mullumbimby, near Byron Bay, Northern NSW.
Our staff can travel to install within a two-hour drive from our workshop. All delivery and installation by our staff may incur fees that relate to:
- vehicle expenses
- staff/contractor time charged on an hourly rate, and/or
- accommodation and meal expenses (subject to installation duration and distance from our workshop)
We do not recommend DIY or handyman installation.
You can arrange your own experienced and qualified builder or carpenter to install on your behalf. A minimum of two people is required for installation.
- Bolts, screws and all accessories will come with your frames
- Ancillary supporting frames and packaging may be included where deemed appropriate
- Glazing is optional. Clients may have access to their own local glass shop. Please specify this upon quoting
- Installation tools
- Installation instructions are not included but we can give your experienced tradesman advice, if required
Steel Joinery FINANCIALS
Why is your price different to other quotes?
We find that pricing against others is often a case of not comparing apples with apples. Please consider if other quotes detail:
- Custom manufacturing vs mass production
- Steel vs aluminium glazing beads
- Australian made
- Reputation and quality control
- Glazing and hardware inclusions
- Technical levels of frames
We offer competitive pricing for steel doors and windows and will soon be offering three different framing options within our steel joinery range to suit every clients’ needs.
If you are not sure 100% sure about the details in your quotes, please email them to us for comparison.
We stagger all our progress payments as follows:
- 50% of in-house materials and manufacturing costs, security deposit, time spent quoting and preparing your job. Due upon confirmation of booking. This is non-refundable.
- 50% of in-house materials and manufacturing costs. Due upon completion of in-house manufacturing and prior to delivery.
- 100% of delivery costs. If applicable, due before delivery.
- 100% of installation costs + variations. If applicable, due upon completion of installation.
The abovementioned payments may be subject to further payment increments, (i.e., weekly progress, variations, etc.) if we deem the job large.
Information is key. The more information we have, the more definitive we are in our pricing for our customised products.
We will provide a quote with a firm price once all information is at hand.
We will provide an estimate if we have most of the information yet still lacks minor details. Estimates may present as a price range as we are making a budgetary allowance for variations which still need to be confirmed at a later point.
If you still do not have enough information for us to do estimate, we will postpone pricing until enough information is gathered.
Customised steel doors and windows are to most tastes but not necessarily to all budgets.
We are here to have an open conversation about finding solutions for each clients’ requirements. Fitting into budget ranges is a critical part of the equation. We offer a range of product options and if we do not know how much has been allowed (or not allowed) in budgets, we will not know how to find the right solution.
All our products are currently tailored to suit individual requirements. Values can be aligned with bespoke quality timber joinery.
We aim to release our catalogue price guide in 2021. Sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Please fill in the form below and we will follow up with an estimate price range based off your own requirements.